HSOPS Board holds First Quarter Meeting
The Health Sector Occupational Pension Scheme (HSOPS) board has held their first quarter meeting with service providers at the Oak Plaza Hotel. Present at the meeting were Administrators of the Health Sector Scheme – Enterprise Trustees, Custodian – Cal Bank Limited and Fund Manager – Delta Capital.
Speaking at the meeting, the Board Chairman of the HSOPS, Dr. Derek Amoateng acknowledged the strides made by the scheme in 2019 to ensure retirement income for Health Sector Workers in Ghana.
Under this objective, he mentioned that major focus areas were;
- Secure Health Sector Tier 2 contributions
- Ensure appreciable growth and
- Pay appropriate lump sum benefits to members upon retirement
For the year under review, the Health sector engaged in some activities which include; training of board members, building and commissioning of temporary secretariat and member education and enrolment.
On member education, the Board Chairman mentioned that members were educated on the scheme at the following event;
- Sensitization programmes organized for the Cape Coast and Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
- HSWU Union Week Celebration.
- HSWU Opticians Association of Ghana Annual General Meeting in Bolgatanga.
- Ghana Registered Nurses and Midwives Association Conference 2019.
- HSWU Professional Association Meeting.
- HSWU Korle Bu Sensitisation
- Ghana Association of Public Health Technical Officers Annual Conference meeting and CPD conference.
- Meeting with Human Resource Managers of Health Agencies and Regions of Ghana Health Service.
A new fund manager, Bora Capital Advisors, who takes over from Frontline Capital were introduced at the meeting.
The HSOPS is an Employer Sponsored Scheme setup to cover all health sector Unions and Associations with the aim of providing retirement income security for all Health Sector workers in Ghana.